Carrying contact lenses are a harmless and handy way to suitable your vision — as very long as they are worn, cleaned and taken treatment correctly whereas careless use of lenses can put you at risk of producing eye infections or even cause problems to the eye. In other words, call lenses are the ideal options to eyeglasses if worn properly and hygienically mainly because if proper lens hygiene behaviors are not maintained, then it can even guide to severe sight-threatening bacterial infections like bacterial or viral corneal ulcers or Acanthamoeba Keratitis.
Hence, if a little one or teen is not ready to responsibly cope with make contact with lens, then carrying it can be delayed. In an interview with HT Life style, Dr Priyanka Singh (MBBS, MS, DNB, FAICO), Director and Specialist Ophthalmologist at Neytra Eye Centre in New Delhi, “Contact lens come in distinct types primarily based on their period or validity. It ranges from each day, month to month, and 3 monthly to annually forms. Each day get in touch with lenses have the minimum opportunity of an infection with very low maintenance but superior price tag in comparison to annually speak to lens. Whilst, month to month and 3 regular call lenses are the most generally utilised make contact with lenses”.
She included, “It is a good idea not to use get in touch with lenses past their validity time, even if it appears high-quality and the whole period of putting on call lenses in a day really should not exceed 6-8 hrs and it should not be worn for the duration of bathing or even though sleeping”. She suggested:
1. Always get rid of your CL just before sleeping and in no way ever slumber with CL on.
2. Ahead of putting your CL, normally clean your hands properly with cleaning soap and drinking water. Tap dry with lint-free of charge towel and then set on a single CL at a time (to stay away from mixing up the ideal and remaining sides)
3. For getting rid of the CL once again clean your palms very first, and dry them with a towel to minimize the transfer of infection by way of your palms or water.
4. After removing lenses, rinse CL with the lens solution and exchange the solution current in the lens case with a new one particular.
5. Generally adjust the alternative day-to-day even if the lenses are not staying used
Dr. Priyanka firmly advised, “Never exchange your lens answer with everything else. Obtain a superior excellent resolution, and look at the seal and expiry before making use of it. In circumstance you have eye irritation, do not wash your eyes with water, as an alternative, put eyedrops prescribed by your ophthalmologist. If irritation persists, get rid of the lenses and check with your Eye medical doctor. Moreover, halt wearing get hold of lenses for sometime if you have an eye infection and discard the CL as it could have the infection”.
For make-up lovers, she proposed:
1. Place contact lenses (CL) before applying makeup
2. Eliminate CL just before taking away make-up
3. Do not utilize glitters or eyeliners within the interior rim of the eyes
Highlighting the dos of call lens dress in and treatment, Dr Pallavi Joshi, Marketing consultant-Cornea, Ocular Surface area and Refractive Surgical procedures at Sankara Eye Healthcare facility in Bangalore, prompt:
1. Do clean your palms in advance of touching your eyes or dealing with your lenses. Thoroughly wash your fingers with soap and h2o and right after rinsing and dry your fingers with a clean towel.
2. Do disinfect your lenses when you eliminate them from your eyes, making use of only answers encouraged by your ophthalmologist.
3. Do eliminate your make contact with lenses prior to sleeping, swimming, and showering.
4. Do clear your get in touch with lens case weekly with warm drinking water and switch it at the very least each and every 3 months or as proposed by doctor.
5. Do carry a pair of glasses with you in case you have to have to clear away your get in touch with lenses. Also, usually keep your lens circumstance in handy where ever ever you go.
6. Do change your answer in the lens situation daily and clear the lens circumstance in clear water.
Chatting about the don’ts of get hold of lens wear and treatment, she encouraged:
1. Don’t over use your lenses. Change them as typically as your medical doctor suggests.
2. Don’t rub your eyes though carrying call lenses.
3. Really don’t permit makeup to get into your eyes when sporting get in touch with lenses.
4. Really don’t share your get in touch with lenses with any individual.
5. Really do not use your speak to lenses if your eyes truly feel irritated or appear red. Give them a possibility to de-pressure right before inserting them again into your eyes. In case if the redness in the eyes persists along with blurry eyesight, kindly seek the advice of your ophthalmologist at the earliest.
6. Really don’t skip your regimen eye examination. Even if your eyes seems to be good, eye-health and look at-up is very essential, significantly if you are a standard user of call lens.
Generally seek the advice of your physician for the right refractive electric power of your eyes and get hold of lenses that greatest satisfies your eyes.