For immediate launch: July 1, 2022 (22-096)
Get hold of: DOH Communications
OLYMPIA — As lots of put together for Fourth of July gatherings and summer outings, the Washington Point out Office of Health and fitness (DOH) wants to remind people to continue to be wholesome and rejoice safely.
“Have a safe and sound summer months. Be mindful of dangers and get precautions to guard you and these about you,” claimed Umair A. Shah MD, MPH, Secretary of Wellbeing. “A very little organizing can make a massive distinction.”
Some quick strategies to prepare for a harmless and balanced summertime incorporate:
- Observe h2o security. Normally supervise young young children enjoying in or in close proximity to the water. Put on a Coastline Guard-accredited daily life jacket that suits you when swimming, kayaking, paddle boarding, or boating. Try to remember that even drinking water that appears warm on the area can direct to chilly h2o shock that will incapacitate excellent swimmers.
- Discover how to defeat the warmth and avoid warmth-connected wellness difficulties. In no way depart any individual or pet in a parked automobile. Consume a lot of fluids and continue to be in air-conditioned spaces when probable. Dress in light-weight, light-colored, unfastened-fitting outfits, and keep away from remaining outside during the hottest pieces of the day. Use large SPF sunblock, even when the sky is cloudy or overcast. Look at in on family members, close friends and neighbors who are elderly or may perhaps require help, and make positive animals have obtain to water and security from the heat.
- Observe food items security tips and try to remember to wash your fingers. Safeguard your spouse and children and buddies from foodborne diseases. Wash your fingers with cleaning soap and sanitize all cooking and having surfaces. Preserve scorching foodstuff very hot and chilly foods cold, cook dinner foods to harmless inside temperatures, and put meals absent following no extra than two several hours at home temperature. Report any foodborne illnesses to your nearby overall health section.
- Avoid fireworks accidents. Observe fireworks shows from a safe length. Often have an adult supervise fireworks actions and do not enable youthful young children to enjoy with or ignite fireworks. Connect with 911 promptly if a person is hurt.
- For a non-severe injury or disease, contemplate viewing your most important care provider or an urgent treatment clinic if you want health-related interest. Likely to the crisis section only for real emergencies can enable reduce the affect on our hospitals in the course of hectic periods like vacations.
- Continue to keep safeguarding your self and other folks from COVID-19. Ensure you are up to day on vaccinations and boosters. Have on a mask in crowded areas and even though touring. Take a COVID-19 examination if you sense ill, have been in contact with someone with COVID-19, or are organizing to go to an function or journey. If you examination constructive, remain house to enable safeguard your neighborhood.
By having methods to put together, we can all do our section to support keep our communities secure for the duration of the holiday break weekend and further than.
Printable Version (PDF)